PDFs available below are for personal use only.
1. Steele, H. (2008). Attachment and day care revisited. Attachment & Human Development, 10, 223-223.
2. Steele, H. & Steele, M. (2008). Early attachment predicts emotion recognition at 6 and 11 years. Attachment and Human Development, 10, 379-393.
3. Steele, H., & Steele, M. (2008). On the origins of reflective functioning. In F. Busch (Ed). Mentalization: Theoretical considerations, research findings, and clinical implications. Psychoanalytic Inquiry Book Series, 29, pp 133-158. NY: Analytic Books.
4. Steele, H., & Steele, M. (2008). 10 clinical uses of the Adult Attachment Interview. In H. Steele & M. Steele (Eds.). Clinical applications of the Adult Attachment Interview (pp 3-30). NY: Guilford Press.
5. Steele, M., Hodges, J., Kaniuk, J., Steele, H., Hillman, S., Asquith, K. (2008). Forecasting outcomes in previously maltreated children: The use of the AAI in a longitudinal attachment study. In H. Steele & M. Steele (Eds.). Clinical applications of the Adult Attachment Interview (pp 427-451). NY: Guilford Press.
6. Steele, M., Kaniuk, J., Hodges, J., Asquith, K., Hillman, S., & Steele, H. (2008). Measuring mentalization across contexts: Links between representations of childhood and representations of parenting in an adoption sample. In (E.L. Jurist, A. Slade & S. Bergner, Eds.) Mind to mind: Infant research, neuroscience, and psychoanalysis (pp 115-138). New York: Other Press.
7. Steele, M. Hodges, J., Kaniuk, J., Steele, H., Asquith, K., & Hillman, S. (2009). Attachment Representations and Adoption Outcome: On the use of narrative assessments to track the adaptation of previously maltreated children in their new families. In B. Neil & G. Wrobel (Eds.), International Advances in Adoption Research for Practice (pp 193-216). New York: Wiley.
8. Steele, H., Steele, M., & Murphy, A. (2009). The Adult Attachment Interview: A clinical tool for facilitating and measuring process and change in psychotherapy. Psychotherapy Research, 19, 1468-4381.
9. Steele, M., Steele, H., & Murphy, A. (2010). The Adult Attachment Interview and Relational Trauma: Implications for parent-infant psychotherapy In Baradon, T (Ed.), Relational Trauma in Infancy: Psychoanalytic, Attachment and Neuropsychological Contributions to Parent-Infant Psychotherapy (pp 180-194). London: Routledge.
10. Steele, M., Hodges, J., Kaniuk, J., & Steele, H. (2010). Mental representation and change: Developing attachment relationships in an adoption context. Psychoanalytic Inquiry, 30, 25-40.
11. Steele, M., Murphy, A., & Steele, H. (2010). Identifying therapeutic action in an attachment-based intervention with high-risk families. Clinical Social Work Journal, 38, 61-72.
12. Splaun, A., Reiner, I., Steele, M., Steele, H., & Murphy, A. (2010). The congruence of parents' and their children's representations of their relationship. The New School Psychology Bulletin, 7, 51-60.
13. Steele, H., & Siever, L. (2010). An attachment perspective on Borderline Personality Disorder: Advances in gene-environment considerations. Current Psychiatry Reports, 12, 61-67.
14. Steele H. (2010). On re-reading ‘Psychoanalysis and child care’, John Bowlby’s lecture delivered in 1956 on the centenary of Sigmund Freud’s birth. Clinical Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 15, 453-458.
15. Kriss, A., Steele, H., & Steele, M. (2012). Measuring attachment and reflective functioning in early adolescence: An introduction to the Friends and Family Interview. Research in Psychotherapy: Psychopathology, Process and Outcome, 15(2), 87-95. doi: 10.7411/RP.2012.009